Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Five Love Languages Birthday Party (Summary)

I am super excited!! Today I found out that I will be planning an adult birthday party with a Five Love Languages theme! For those of you who have read the book, you know how helpful it is in our adult lives to understand the love language of others. Although the book is most helpful in the relationship we have with our spouses or significant others, it is also helpful in friendships and family relationships as well. It's an awesome book so I am elated to use my creative talents to incorporate it into a birthday party theme.

The birthday recipient is female and turning 39! In the initial consultation, I asked my client (Her husband) a series of questions to try and determine an appropriate theme for the affair. Things such as favorite colors, favorite animals, favorite items, favorite time period, favorite music, etc. He mentioned that The Five Love Languages is one of her favorite books and he thought it would be a good idea to have the title as the theme. I agreed and begin to run with it!! It also helps that Valentines Day is right around the corner so there are tons of decor and items for us to choose from that will help with our theme of Five Love Languages. He also mentioned that her favorite color was purple so we will be incorporating purple into the plans as well to create a color story around our event.

A few logistics that might be important as you follow this thread:
  • Number of people: 12. Six couples including the birthday girl and her hubby
  • Venue: Restaurant
  • Entertainment: Live Band for second part of event
  • Theme: The Five Love Languages
  • Color Story: Hues of Purple
  • Activity: Love Language Quiz
  • Invitations: Electronic
Since this will be a small gathering and there is a budget involved, I decided that a good way to incorporate the theme without spending a lot of money is to create a logo and add a few printed items (that can be done on a home computer) that will tie the theme together. Here is what I decided on. (I will come back as I complete the projects and turn the items on the list into hyperlinks of the blog post that features the item.)
In addition to printed items, I have also added a few other low cost ideas to add to the theme:
  • CD Sleeves with Ribbon
  • Photo Slide Show scrolling on laptop as we enjoy dinner
  • Themed cake topper
  • Birthday wish "love tree"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for something? Search This Blog

Twitter