Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Event Planning: Cake Toppers

I spent the morning drawing up plans for an adult birthday party. (If you missed my blog post about the Five Love Languages Birthday Party, you can find it here.) I just love when adults decide to celebrate their birthdays and party as much as children. I love tapping into the kid in me! Another year on Earth, fulfilling your purpose, and walking in your destiny is indeed a reason to throw caution to the wind and celebrate your born day.


One of my favorite things about birthdays is cake! And one of my favorite things about cake is the cake topper! Traditionally, people limit their "creative cake flow" to candles. However, a more modern approach is to use an elaborate cake topper. Cake toppers typically have been reserved for occasions such as weddings and maybe, baby showers but not birthdays. Adding a cake topper at a birthday party has multiple purposes:

  • To add decoration to the cake
  • To solidify a theme
  • To make guests aware of what you are celebrating
  • To add "glam" to the event
  • To limit the amount of individual candles that need to be blown out (for those of you with more candles than you can handle, LOL)
I have listed below some of my favorite sites that have great, unique, and inexpensive cake toppers! Additionally, it is something that can be used again and again, passed down or passed on, shared with friends for separate occasions, or put on display in your home afterwards.
            Lastly, for those of you who know me personally, know how much I like to add a little bling to a celebrations! Below are a few sites that feature cake jewelry! I LOOOOOOOVE CAKE JEWELRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for something? Search This Blog

Twitter