Tuesday, January 4, 2011

AUPA Tuesday Tip - 01/04/11







It's a new year!!! I am so excited to have made it to 2011! And Authentically U thanks you all for your continued support.

So with a new year, comes change. AUPA is trying our hand at a blog this year so tell your friends, jump on board, and join the dialogue. You never know who you might help.

This years first "Tip Tuesday" is about Vision. There's lots of talk about people who do vision boards at the beginning of the year but I am interested to know the feedback of how effective these have been for most people.

  • Have you done a vision board?
  • Did you continue to look at it through out the year?
  • Where was it placed?
  • Do you think it affected your decisions?
  • How was it helpful?
Last year, was my first year doing a vision board. Some of the things actually happened (I had a ring on my board and I got married) but other didn't (I had water bottles on my board but I DID NOT end up drinking more water as I had planned). However, my board was strategically placed on my closet wall so I saw it every morning when I woke up and went into the closet to get dressed. Seeing my visions was helpful but I must admit that by the time summer came, I was a bit tired of seeing the same images. So, perhaps for me, I should do them every six months. Perhaps, I plan more short term goals, than long term goals? However, with that in mind I have decided to do my vision boards every six months. But finding out what works best for you is key. So try it our for a year and if you end up like me, board with the images (or maybe even your progress), then try every six month or maybe even seasonally/quarterly. There are really no rules to it, but consistency is important.

Today's Tuesday Tip: Make your goals visual! Seeing is believing so if you have goals that you want to achieve, create a visual image of the way you see the outcome and place it where you can be reminded of the "big" picture as you make daily steps to achieve the goal. Also, be sure to have a clear understanding of whether your goals are long-term or short-term. Some goals just are NOT meant to happen over night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for something? Search This Blog

Twitter