Tuesday, January 11, 2011

AUPA Tuesday Tip - 01/11/11


As I looked at today's date, I thought about how funny it looked to have so many ones in a date. I thought about how this sequence might have special meanings in certain cultures and how people will remember this date in the future. Later on, I saw several post on facebook where my friends commemorated today's date with a special status or even documented what they were doing at exactly 11:11AM/PM on 01/11/11. Most status were funny or contains jokes and other silly commentary but as I sat and read the silly thoughts on my friends minds as they celebrated this one moment in time and space, I realized the importance of celebration.

Every since I was a little girl, I have been all about celebrations. Birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, graduations, weddings, and other significant milestones were always so exciting to me and I could hardly wait for them to come around. Sometimes, I would even make up a reason to celebrate. Whether I'd gotten a 100% on a spelling test or beat my brother in UNO, a huge celebration was going down if I could find an inkling of a reason to celebrate.

Now, as an adult, I realize how important it is to stop and smell the roses and just celebrate life. Celebrations don't always have to be personal or about you; they can be celebrations for others as well. They say laughter is good for the soul and keeps you young, so in the name of good health and spiritual well-being, I encourage you to celebrate something today. Even if it is just a celebration because it's 1/11/11!

AUPA Tuesday Tip: Take time out to celebrate life. No matter how big or small, take time to find things to celebrate and use those celebrations to serve as a reminder of life's blessings. Make your heart smile today and celebrate something. Add a friend or two to double or triple the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking for something? Search This Blog

Twitter